Many of our programmes and initiatives run over a fixed period. The programmes are carefully scheduled to lead young people through a logical sequence of activities to conclusion.
These fixed programmes can vary from a single day, several concurrent days or a programme spread over weeks or months. Fixed term programmes are often non-residential, but where the objectives are best met by a residential course, we will plan accordingly.
Themes of programmes include the following:
- Independent living skills
- Outdoor/environmental learning
- Employability skills
- Teamwork and problem solving
- Social action
- Sport and fitness
- Healthy living
- Respect and relationships
- Managing emotions in positive ways
- Improving peer relationship
- Transition to secondary school
Our Catalyst fixed term programme was designed to help young people whose situation may have distanced them from their learning, families and community.