We are looking to appoint the following:
NCS Summer Group Leader
Responsible to: NCS Team Leader
Location: Southampton delivery
Salary Scale: £1,000 – £1,300 per 4 weeks
NCS is a government initiative, supporting 15 to 17-year-olds from all backgrounds to work together, take on new challenges and make a difference to their personal development as well as local communities. It aims to promote a more cohesive, responsible and engaged society by bringing young people from different backgrounds together to make a difference in their communities.
Youth Options will be delivering the NCS programme to 405 young people in the summer of 2017. Each group is led by a Team Leader and Assistant Team Leader. As a group leader on this programme you will be involved in the full delivery of the programme. Each ‘wave’ consists of a 4 week programme:
- Week 1 – Activity week – you will stay with your group for the week at an outdoor centre and participate in a wide range of activities, promoting personal challenge, and social mix within team bonding.
- Week 2 – University week – you will stay with your group for the week at Southampton Solent university halls – the young people will participate in a range of personal development workshops based around increasing responsibility and independence.
- Weeks 3 and 4 – Social Action – young people stay at home during these 2 weeks will meet you and the rest of the team on a daily basis. The group will visit different community projects in the city and then plan and deliver their own Social action project.
Ideally staff would be available to do two 4 week blocks, but are able to work just one ‘wave’ if necessary. The dates of the waves are:
- Wave 1 – 26th June – 21st July
- Wave 2 – 3rd July – 28th July
- Wave 3 – 10th July – 4th August
- Wave 4 – 24th July – 18th August
- Wave 5 – 31st August – 25th August
- Wave 6 – 7th August – 1st September
Staff would be required to also attend 2 training days during May and June at Mansel Park Pavilion, Millbrook.
For more information download the application pack below or contact:
Youth Options on 02380 770713 or email firstname.lastname@example.org